If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, it’s no secret that I LOVE Amazon Prime. Today, July 12, 2016 also happens to be Amazon Prime Day! I thought I’d let you in on the Top 10 Ways I use Amazon Prime while working from home. This service has revolutionized my productivity and saved me precious time and lots of money. Now, here’s how you can benefit from Amazon Prime (even if you don’t work from home)!
- FREE Two Day Shipping. – Sure, many companies out there offer free shipping promotions from time to time, or, they require a minimum order amount. Amazon Prime members can take advantage of FREE shipping and receive their items in 2 days – guaranteed! There are hundreds of thousands of products that are eligible for Prime shipping and if you’re like me, you value speed and savings when it comes to getting what you need.
- Fire Tablet Deals – Amazon Prime members get exclusive deals on Fire Tablets several times a year. Today, you can get a 7″ Amazon Fire Tablet for as little as $33.33 with FREE 2 day shipping!
3. Home Office Supplies – Today only, select Sandisk memory cards are 40% off! I use extra memory for backing up my work, extra photo storage, and as a great way to send data to clients. I also love that I can get printer cartridges quickly and easily without driving to the office supply store and navigating the confusing isles.
4. Prime Pantry -Prime Pantry is a store where Prime members can shop for groceries and household products in everyday package sizes (like a bag of pretzels). You can fill a box of items from the Prime Pantry store and have them conveniently delivered to your doorstep for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 per box. This isn’t free shipping, but it’s still probably less than you’d spend making multiple trips to grocery stores! That means a big time savings as well – more time to work on your business.
5. Electronics – Deep deals on electronics are frequent for Prime members. You can save a TON over regular retail, including options for used items at even bigger discounts. Amazon is a great place to search for popular or obscure electronics. Today only, you can save 50% on select Bose Headphones!\
6. Kindle Books – You don’t even need to have a Kindle to take advantage of FREE Kindle books! You can download a FREE Kindle App for your android or iphone OR computer! Books can be very expensive if you buy physical ones at the store. Why not grab some cheap or FREE Kindle books instead and save on the clutter and wasted money!
7. Prime Day Deals – Once a year (TODAY!), Amazon has AMAZING deals for Prime members. Just a few purchases (Christmas is less than 6 months away folks) can offset the price of a prime membership. Shopping for birthdays and holidays ahead of time saves me countless hours of grief and many dollars to boot.
8. Amazon Gift Cards – If you have a grocery store that offers fuel points or perks for buying gift cards, you can really maximize your savings. I also have an American Express card that gives me 6% cash back at all grocery stores! If you want to know which one, shoot me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject American Express. This is how I use it, for say, $100. First, I go to the grocery store that offers fuel perks and buy a $100.00 gift card to Amazon. I just got $6.00 back on my American Express card as cash back AND I got 20 cents off per gallon of fuel. I try to time these purchases for when our grocery store doubles the fuel perks which would be 40 cents off per gallon of fuel. If we fill up our truck, we just saved another $4.00 – $8.00 on a tank of gas. Now, that $100 has actually cost me $86-$90 instead. Then, I check out the Prime daily deals and specifically wait for big purchases on Prime Day. That is a great way to really maximize your purchases on Amazon and keep more money in your bank account!
There are so many more ways I benefit from Amazon Prime, but these are just a few that came to mind. What ways do you use Amazon Prime and how have you benefited from this service? Please let me know in the comment section!