Lesson #1: Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing is a MUST for every single business owner. This introductory lesson will give you an overview and then following lessons will show you how to make it all work together for your business.
MY FAVORITE RESOURCES FOR STAYING ON TOP OF SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- If you’re going to start a virtual assistant or social media marketing business, you’ll want to really know it inside and out. I’d recommend investing in Advanced Social Media Certification Training” from Simplilearn. However, if you can’t swing that right now and just want some great info for free, check out the other resources below.
- Social Media Examiner
- Subscribe to Social Media Examiner’s Shows and Podcasts
- 30 more resources for beginners
- Learn More About InstaSocial Secrets!
- Learn More About Social Monkey Business!
- How to Start a Social Media Marketing Agency
Lesson #2: Automating Your Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing can be incredibly time-consuming! It’s best to automate as much as you can and batch your work (remember the productivity lesson?)! Get ready to learn the tools I use to help me schedule posts in advance and how I use Canva and a simple spreadsheet to get it done fast.
HOW I FIND RELEVANT CONTENT TO SHARE (BESIDES MY OWN)
- Right Relevance – Sign up for articles on your chosen topics – get daily emails
- Google Alerts – Create alerts for specific topics and get daily emails to share
IDEAS FOR INCREASING ENGAGEMENT
- Ask questions
- Create polls in Facebook
- Do videos
- Do Facebook lives from your phone or, Check out Belive.tv
- Respond to your comments
- Use appropriate hashtags (check out Hashtagify.me to see what’s trending in your industry)
- Don’t use these BANNED hashtags on Instagram!
- Post often and consistently
- Best times to post
- How often to post
- HootSuite – $19/mo up to 10 profiles
- Buffer – FREE up to 3 profiles
- Tailwind App – For Pinterest and Instagram
HOW TO GET MORE FOLLOWERS
- Follow people who are your target audience.
- Follow people your target audience would follow.
- Don’t unfollow once they follow you – that’s crappy.
- Comment and like people’s posts in your industry and target audience.
- Join Facebook Groups in your industry and ones where your target audience would hang out. Comment on posts, post in the group, but provide help and value instead of selling.
- Friend people on Facebook – the worst that can happen is they don’t accept.
- Don’t post things that would turn off your target audience.
- Be authentic. Show up and be you!!
HOW TO FIND AND CREATE IMAGES
REMEMBER, NEVER EVER TAKE AN IMAGE FROM GOOGLE IMAGES! Only use paid stock photo sites (and pay the fee) OR Free for commercial use with no attribution required. Below are some of my favorites.
- The Hungry JPEG
- Deposit Photos
- 41 Epic Sites of Stock Photos for FREE
- Use Canva’s preset sizes and templates to create eye-catching social media graphics. You can upload the photos from the list above and change them how you see fit.
- Remember to download this handy social media image size cheat sheet in case you get stuck!