Click here to get this post as a PDF and read it later!
When you choose to own a piece of land, you most likely find that it takes you an awful lot of time and resources to maintain. If you have previously bought land or have thought about it, you have to know how you can make money from it. you may not choose to at first, but making money could help you to off-set your costs, and there are plenty of ways to do it. You want to be able to get something from your land eventually even if you don’t want to right now.
You may choose to lease your land to a cell tower company and speak to vertical consultants to make it work. You could even choose to keep the land preserved as you bought it and sell it on later to the highest bidder. Either way, the choice is yours to do what you will with your land as you see fit. So, with this in mind, we’ve put together some of the ways that you can earn a little cash from the land you once bought.
- Host A Billboard. Sometimes, land that borders a highway or a busy road is valuable for anyone who wants to use the land for marketing. You can advertise your land as a place to host billboards for other companies and put a huge amount of cash in your pocket. Marketers and businesses are always looking for new locations to advertise, so don’t be surprised if you have offers!
- Offer Storage. How big is your land? Is it big enough to add a couple of large containers and use them as walk-in storage solutions? You can offer storage to those with vehicles, boats, RVs – you name it and you can provide a good amount of storage at a cost. You just have to make sure that you have the right amount of insurance for the land.
- Lease It. Whether you lease your land to cell towers (remember the vertical consultants we mentioned earlier?), or you lease it to those requiring land for pasture, you can lease it and let someone else pay the rent on it. This will be a good and simple way to earn some money, and you have some prime real estate here which will ensure that you get paid!
- Hosting Bees. Ever thought about hosting bees on your property? Most land that isn’t the best for grazing animals is perfectly suitable for beekeeping. Some beekeepers will pay to keep their bee colony safe on your land, and it can be a nice way to earn some money and give back to the world at the same time. We need bees, so why not be a good host?
- Create Gardening Plots. You may have noticed that community gardens are becoming ever more popular. If you offer your land to those looking to garden, you’ll find that you create a miniature community within your own and can enjoy every moment of your newfound spirit!