Have you ever tracked your cash back to see what they “pay for?” I’ve received several hundred dollars back using these apps. They have paid for our monthly subscription to Netflix and my yearly amazon prime subscription! You need to download these top 5 grocery apps that pay you back for your purchases NOW!
*This post contains affiliate links.
1. Checkout 51 pays you back for purchases and it works at Aldi! WOOT!
Here are more details from Checkout 51’s website:
How Checkout 51 works
- Browse your offers and buy products at any store.
- Upload your receipt using Checkout 51.
- We’ll confirm your purchase and credit your account.
- When your account balance reaches $20, you can cash out and we’ll mail you a check. Please see our Terms for more details.
- Offers go live on Thursdays at 12:00 AM in each time zone. They expire the following Wednesday at 11:59 PM in each time zone. You must upload your receipts while the offers are live.
- Offers are available in limited quantities. Please check your offer list before you go shopping to ensure that the offer is still available, and upload the receipt immediately after purchase to avoid disappointment.
- A quantity of (1) of each offer is eligible for Cash Back per member.
- Each receipt can only be used once.
- You can only earn Cash Back for the exact product listed, so please read carefully.
- You can earn Checkout 51 Cash Back in combination with any other coupon or discount unless otherwise stated.
- Products must be purchased in your country of registration. We currently support the United States (the 50 states of the United States, the District of Columbia, and Overseas US Military Bases) and Canada (excluding Quebec).
- Receipts uploaded must be in English.
- Items purchased from online retailers are eligible for Cash Back. Itemized packing slips are accepted as proof of purchase. Online purchases are subject to the same upload timelines as receipts. For more information, please visit our Help Desk.
Snap by Groupon still offers coupons and money saving opportunities, but not in the form of specific product savings. I’m including it anyway because you can still score great deals.
3. Receipt Hog – Get cash and rewards for almost EVERY receipt
From Receipt Hog’s Website – Receipt Hog is a free mobile app that turns your everyday shopping receipts into easy cash rewards! For every qualifying receipt you snap a picture of and submit, you’ll earn coins or spins at our Hog Slots. Each time you spin the Hog Slots, you have a chance at even more coins, and 1 lucky winner each day will win the value of his or her last shopping trip in coins! Once you’ve earned enough coins, you can redeem them for your choice of either a PayPal transaction or an Amazon.com e-gift card. Frequently active participants become eligible for additional ways to earn including short surveys, barcode scans, and even more spins at the Hog Slots, all of which earn you, even more coins, so it pays to stick with Receipt Hog!
Here is what qualifies –
Stores that primarily sell consumable products earn coins rewards. The following store types earn coin rewards based on the receipt total:
- club store
- dollar store
- drug store
- beauty supply
- pet supply
- toy store
Stores that sell primarily non-consumable products earn spin rewards. Each receipt awards a single Hog Slot spin, which gives you a chance to win some major coins at the Hog Slots! The following are example store types that earn spin rewards:
- clothing & department stores
- home improvement
- home furnishings
- arts & crafts
- sports & outdoors
Here are some good examples of receipts that do not qualify:
- gas-only receipts
- restaurant/cafes/bakeries receipts
- ticket stubs
- service invoices
- hand-written receipts
- receipts older than 2 weeks
- receipt missing one of the following: store name, date, purchased items, or purchase total
With Ibotta, you need to “unlock” rewards first by answering a question or watching a quick video. Then you scan the product’s barcode and your receipt. Ibotta requires a few extra steps but almost ALWAYS offers cash back on staple items like milk, bread, and eggs. I get most of my qualifying products at Aldi and Ibotta doesn’t support Aldi as a store (BOO), but almost every other major chain partners with Ibotta (114 stores as of publication date). If you primarily shop at Walmart, Walgreen’s, CVS, Rite Aid or any major grocery chain store, you definitely want to give Ibotta a shot. Your friends can sign up as part of your team and you’ll earn MORE when you join forces together!! You can also shop online with Ibotta and they run great incentives during the holidays with places like Amazon and Best Buy.
This app is fantastic, every Friday you can get something for FREE and they have tons of produce offers that really pay off!
From the SavingStar website:
Save at the Store
Select offers on web or mobile.
Check every week for new deals, including a weekly Healthy Offer and 100% off Freebie.
Use card at checkout or take a picture of receipt.
For automatic-savings stores, use your registered card at checkout as you normally do. For receipt-scan stores, take a picture of your receipt and submit through the SavingStar app or website.
Get cash in your SavingStar account.
Discounts are not received at checkout. Savings will post within 2-22 days depending on the store. You’ll receive an email when they post to your account.
Click retailer link on SavingStar.com
When you choose “Shop Now,” you’ll be taken to the retailer’s website.
Your savings will automatically be added to your SavingStar account. (Savings generally post within 10 days, travel purchases may take longer)
Get cash in your SavingStar account.
Payouts to your bank or PayPal account or donate to a charity. Stay tuned and keep earning. More payout options are on the way.
What are some of your favorite money saving apps?
Comment below, and then go check out the Get the Most Cash Back Possible post for even more ways to save.